Saturday, March 31, 2012

Ceasar Roasted Cabbage

"I recently found this recipe blog called "Budget Bytes" which is full of great ideas, plus lists the cost per recipe and serving (which I know can vary depending on where you live), but it is where this recipe came from. This is a genius recipe...two ingredients, easy and cheap."
INGREDIENTS:

1 head of cabbage
8 oz. light Caesar dressing (not creamy)....I used Ken's

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Slice head in wedges about 1/2 inch thick. Brush Caesar dressing on top and bottom of slices and place on large, foil lined cookie sheet. Bake 40 minutes turning once half way through.

What I did differently:

-I had something else in the oven so I baked them at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
-I brushed the dressing on the top only until I flipped half way and then brushed the dressing on the flipped up bottoms.
-I only used 1/3 of the head, which was enough for 4 people

No comments: