Monday, April 2, 2012

Restaurant-Style Cole Slaw

"After making my last recipe and not using a whole head of cabbage, I decided to cut it up and try making cole slaw for the first time. When I tasted the recipe I tried from allrecipes.com it was very bland, so I decided to use triple the onions and vinegar and I also used olive oil instead of vegetable oil since it's healthier. The changes I made to the recipe are included below."
INGREDIENTS:

3 c. shredded cabbage
2 c. shredded carrots
1/2 cup diced onion
2/3 cup creamy salad dressing (I used Kraft Mayo with olive oil)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 c. white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS:

Mix dressing ingredients in small bowl and then add to shredded cabbage and carrots. Refrigerate for an hour or two to allow sugar to dissolve.

No comments: