Saturday, April 9, 2011

Hot Dog Sauce

"I don't remember where I got this recipe, but it's wonderful, and I have made it many times. I usually divide it into thirds and freeze what I don't use."



INGREDIENTS:

1 lb. ground beef (I use sirloin)
1 sm. onion
3 cloves garlic
1 c. water
1/2 c. ketchup
1/4 c. BBQ sauce
2 T. yellow mustard
1 T. worchestershire sauce
1 T. chili powder
2 t. cumin
2 t. salt
1/2 t. ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS:

Saute meat with onions over medium heat in large frying pan until browned (drain if necessary). Use food processor to ground meat and onion and return to pan. Mix in remaining ingredients and continue to cook until bubbling. Serve warm over hot dogs.

Makes 12-16 servings (1 serving = 2 hotdogs)

3 comments:

Camper Trailer Hire said...

It is a delicious & very useful post

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
essure arizona said...

Looking at the photo initially, i already like it for it looks like a chili con carne which is my favorite.