Friday, March 30, 2012

Sweet Parsnips

"I purchased some parsnips at the market yesterday to try something I'd never had before. I figured I'd just look up a simple recipe, including ingredients I already had, when I got home. I found this simple recipe on About.com. Next time I will try using olive oil to cut down on the bad fats, but they were delicious!"



INGREDIENTS:

1 pound parsnips, peeled and cubed
2 Tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS:

In a large skillet, melt the butter; then add the parsnips, shaking to coat. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Cover tightly and saute on medium heat for about 5 to 10 minutes. The parsnips should be tender and gooey, and slightly caramelized. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Yield: 4 servings

No comments: