Thursday, September 20, 2012

Indian Spiced Whole Roasted Chicken

"I originally found this recipe on Pinterest and the original is HERE.  I though there were too many steps and I did not have some of the forms of the ingredients (for instance it called for cracked cardamom pods and I only had cardamom powder), so I changed a lot, and my changes are included here.  This is definitely going in my recipe box...so yummy!"

INGREDIENTS:

1 whole, 4-pound chicken, rinsed, innards removed and patted dry with paper towel
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 packet Swanson "flavor boost" chicken flavor
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 T. olive oil
2 t. Garam Masala
1/2 t. chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 t. dried tarragon
1/2 t. cloves
1/4 t. black pepper
1/2 t. cardamom
1/4 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. dried cilantro
1/4 t. ginger



DIRECTIONS:

Heat oven to 300 degrees.  Mix "sauce" ingredients together, rub evenly over outside and inside cavity of chicken.  Place chicken in roaster or baking dish and bake uncovered for 3 1/2 hours.  When juices start to form in bottom of pan, baste ever 1/2 hour until done.

No comments: