Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Jen's Mashed Sweet Potatoes

"I was looking for a healthier alternative to my sweet potato casserole, so I made these today....I pureed them in the food processor so my infant son could eat them too, but you could use a mixer for a chunkier texture."


INGREDIENTS:

3-4 averaged sized sweet potatoes, diced
2 T. butter cut into small pieces
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. ginger
1/4 t. cloves
1/2 c. skim milk

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place diced potatoes into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish/pan. Dot with butter pieces. Sprinkle sugar, cinnamon, ginger and cloves over top. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hr. and 15 minutes or until potatoes are very soft when poked with fork. Mix or puree with milk, return to dish/pan and bake additional 15 minutes uncovered.

No comments: