Thursday, March 6, 2008

Jen's Sweet Potato Casserole

"I had two recipes, one for twice baked sweet potatoes and one for a casserole, each with some different ingredients. I have made each one by itself, but when I combined the two I like my creation the best, so I am calling this my own."


INGREDIENTS:


3 large sweet potatoes

1/8 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons butter

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/3 cup brown sugar

6 ounces cream cheese softened

1/3 cup chopped walnuts


DIRECTIONS:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wrap potatoes in foil and bake for 1 hour or until soft.


"Mine weren't soft after 1 hr. and 15 minutes, so I left them in for another 15 minutes, and then they dripped and stunk up the house, so you might want to put them on a baking tray."


Cut potatoes in half, scoop flesh from the skins and put into large bowl. Add all remaining ingredients and stir. Put into baking dish and bake for 15 minutes on 350.

1 comment:

Nona said...

Girl, this looks SOOOOO good! I love that you baked it in a bowl rather than putting a crust under it - perfect for WFGF peoples like myself.

Thanks for sharing!