Monday, October 20, 2008

Spicy Flat-Iron Steak Rub

"I don't think this is really spicy, although, I did not use the ancho chile powder. I used a chipotle blend instead of just the chipotle chili powder, and I didn't use vegetable oil to cut down on the fat content. I didn't know what they meant by 'salt free seasoning blend' but I used Mrs. Dash's Table Blend"

INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
  • 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
  • 1 tablespoon salt-free seasoning blend
  • salt and black pepper to taste
  • 1 (2 pound) flat iron steak
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
DIRECTIONS:
Mix the brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, ancho chile powder, chipotle chile powder, salt-free seasoning blend, salt, and pepper together in a bowl until thoroughly blended. Sprinkle over both sides of the steak, and rub into the meat. Cover, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 days.
Before cooking, drizzle steak with vegetable oil, and rub the oil into the meat. Cook as desired.

No comments: