Monday, October 20, 2008

Roast Sticky Chicken-Rotisserie Style

"When I make a whole chicken I usually just put it in the crockpot all day, it falls apart and we have to make sure were don't get any bones. I really wanted to do something different with a chicken, and this recipe (which I found on allrecipes.com) was fabulous...as good or better than any rotisserie chicken I've ever had. I accidentally baked it upside-down, so in the photo it's upside-down."

Ingredients:

1 whole 4 lb chicken, giblets removed, rinsed (inside and out) and patted dry with paper towel
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 onion, quartered (I used 1/2 vidalia)

Directions:

In small bowl mix together all spices. Rub them on the outside and in the cavity of the chicken. Place onion inside cavity. Place chicken in large zipper bag (or double plastic wrap) and refrigerate for 4-6 hours or overnight. Heat oven to 250 degrees. Remove chicken from bag or wrap and place chicken in roasting pan. Bake uncovered for five hours. Use turkey baster to squirt pan drippings onto chicken. Let chicken stand for ten minutes before carving.

No comments: