- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, bouillon, and spinach. Bring to a boil, and cook until spinach is tender.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, and cook for 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk. Season with minced onion, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir in spinach mixture.
-I used a 10 ounce bag of fresh baby spinach and a large pot to boil it in.
-After tender I blended it in a food processor along with all of the broth. I rinsed the pot and used it for the next step.
-The milk I used was skim to save on fat, but you can use any milk or cream instead
-I added two tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
-I added 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
-I added 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg