Monday, July 14, 2008

Jen's Hummus

"I've had hummus from a lot of restaurants and stores, and I love it. I've even had hummus at a Turkish restaurant with cumin in it. I've never tried my own until now. It's slighty chunky."


INGREDIENTS:

1 can garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained (reserve liquid)
1/3 cup tahini
3 tablespoons. lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 cloves garlic, minced (less if desired)
1 tablespoon olive oil


Topping:

a drizzle of olive oil
1 pinch paprika
1 teaspoon dried parsley

DIRECTIONS:
Place the garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, salt, olive oil and garlic in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Add about 1/2 of reserved bean liquid to processor and blend (more if you want a thinner consistancy. Transfer mixture to a serving bowl.
Drizzle olive oil over the garbanzo bean mixture. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.


Serves 6-8

No comments: