Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Putzwutz


"I found this on allrecipes.com. I am including the original recipe, and I'll put my changes in the notes at the bottom."


INGREDIENTS
1 (16 ounce) package uncooked egg noodles
1 pound ground beef
1 pound pork sausage
1 onion, chopped
1 (1 pound) loaf processed cheese food, cubed
2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained


DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the egg noodles, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Meanwhile, crumble the ground beef and pork into a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion to the meat once there are juices in the pan. Cook and stir until onion is tender and meat is no longer pink. Drain grease.
Transfer the meat and onion to a 9x13 inch baking dish, and mix in the egg noodles, cheese, tomato sauce, corn, green pepper and mushrooms.
Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbling hot and lightly browned on the top.


NOTES:


-I used a box of elbow macaroni because I don't like egg noodles

-I added 6 oz cream cheese

-I omitted the corn and mushrooms because they didn't sound good

-I only used 1/2 half green pepper (which I cooked along with the meat and onions)

-I added one large tomato

-I added 1/2 cup milk to make the sauce thinner

-I put the sauce ingredients into pot and melted together

1 comment:

Zombie Edward said...

That looks pretty good. I'd never omit mushrooms as they are like, third on my list of favorite foods.