Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mexican Tortilla Cups

"I was going to make soft and hard tacos for dinner and luckily I came across this idea in a coupon booklet, from our local grocery store. My kids normally don't like the wheat tortillas I buy, but they ate these...yay!"


Cut six 8 inch tortilla shells in quarters. Spray 12 cup muffin tray with cooking spray and place two tortilla quarters in each cup. Put a small amount of shredded cheese in bottom of each cup and then fill with desired filling and top with more shredded cheese. Bake at 375 degrees F for 12 minutes. Put cold toppings on after baking.

My Ideas:

Taco - taco meat (optional..black beans and corn), with cheddar cheese, and then top with sour cream, tomatoes, and lettuce

Fajita - chicken or steak with sauted peppers and onions and topped with monterey jack or pepper jack cheese

BBQ chicken club - BBQ chicken, bacon and cheddar jack cheese

Breakfast - Scrambled Eggs, bacon or sausage, and cheddar cheese

No comments: