Saturday, March 22, 2008

You know I love you when.....

....I don't post any recipes for a while. It means I tried something, and it was gross, and I couldn't bear the thought of subjecting you to it. I made two such recipes this week. One was a pork loin roast with grapes and wine. I had the recipe in my file box, but I don't know where I originally got it from. I should have thought about the fact that a heavily peppered roast probably wouldn't go with grapes very well. I don't know who made up the recipe but it stunk. Then there was what I made tonight, Sauerbraten Meatballs. Now the meatballs were fine, they could have went in spaghetti nicely (and I'm lucky I saved half of them for freezing). It's the sauce that was quite funky. It had water, beef bouillon, raisins, lemon juice, brown sugar and ground ginger snap cookies. I was hoping it would be like a sweet and sour meatball dish, but it was more like someone dropped some meatballs into a dessert. Not to mention the fact that it was suppose to be put over noddles, and egg noodles seemed the obvious choice, but I don't really like egg noodles that much.
So my lack of recipe posting this week, just means I love my readers so darn much. :)

No comments: