Thursday, March 20, 2008

Paprika Potatoes

"I believe this came from Country Living magazine, from when my mom used to subscribe when I was a kid. They had nice little perforated recipes you could save. I am going to give you the recipe as it reads, but here are the modifications I made:

-I had to bake mine about 20 minutes longer than stated, and I would definitely pan fry them instead because they were still too soggy

-I cut them into fries instead of wedges so I doubled the coating ingredients "

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup butter or margarine

1/4 cup all-purpose flour

1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

1 tablespoon paprika

3/4 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

6 medium potatoes peeled and cut into quarters lengthwise

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (I would even try 375) Melt butter in 13x9 inch baking pan (I put it in preheated oven while I was preparing potatoes). Combine next six ingredients in large plastic bag. Place potatoes in bag and shake to coat. Place in baking pan. Bake uncovered for 60 minutes turning once after 30 minutes.

Yield 4-6 servings.

recipe was submitted to magazine by Melody Haney from Barberton, Ohio