Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Baked Spasanga

"I found this recipe on Pinterest.  The recipe came from Plain Chicken and they got it from food.com.  I've decided to reduce the amount of noodles and add a jar of sauce (my changes are included).  I also think baking it longer is wise...I don't think it was hot enough.  My suggested baking time is also included below.   I think the spaghetti itself without the sauce is amazing too."



INGREDIENTS:

20 oz spaghetti noodles prepared as directed (I used thin spaghetti)
32 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
8 ounces ricotta cheese
8 ounces sour cream
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese , divided
1 1/4 cups half-and-half
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp salt
2 jars spaghetti sauce
1 lb Italian sausage or ground beef (I used sausage)




DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cook spaghetti according to package directions, drain.

In large bowl, stir together sour cream, ricotta, half-and-half, mozzarella, oregano, basil, pepper, garlic, salt, and half the Parmesan cheese.  Add spaghetti and toss until well coated.

Pour spaghetti mixture into 9x13 pan lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Top spaghetti with remaining Parmesan cheese.

Cover dish aluminum foil and bake 45 minutes.

While pasta is baking, prepare meat sauce. Brown meat in skillet. Drain and return to skillet. Add spaghetti sauce and simmer.

Remove pasta from oven.  Cut into squares and top with meat sauce.


No comments: