Saturday, June 9, 2012

Jen's Reese's Pie

"I was craving a chocolate cream pie, and had never made one before.  I wanted to make one with peanut butter as well, and since I couldn't find a recipe I liked I just made it up."
INGREDIENTS:

1 pre-made chocolate graham cracker crust
6 oz (large) box jello instant chocolate pudding
3 cups milk (I used 2% to make it creamier)
4 oz light cream cheese
8 oz. container Cool Whip
1/2 cup peanut butter
1  T. powdered sugar
25 miniature Reese's peanut butter cups

DIRECTIONS:

Use blender to mix jello powder with milk and cream cheese.  Melt 15 Reese's cups in small bowl in the microwave.  I heated for 30 seconds at a time until I was able to stir together.  Spread  melted Reese's unto the graham crust.  Pour mixed pudding over melted chocolate.  In medium bowl use mixer to blend Cool Whip, peanut butter and powdered sugar.  Spread that gently over top of pudding layer.  In small zipper bag place 10 Reese's cups and crush with hammer or meat tenderizer (flat side).  Sprinkle crushed cups over top of pie.  Cover and refrigerate until ready to eat.

Serves 6-8

No comments: