"This is a Paula Deen recipe. The only thing I changed was to add garlic. Notes below..."
* 1 pound ground beef
* 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
* 1 egg, lightly beaten
* 8 ounces canned diced tomatoes with juice
* 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
* 1/3 cup ketchup
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Mix all meatloaf ingredients well and place in a baking dish. Shape into a loaf.
Mix ingredients for topping and spread on loaf. Bake for 1 hour.
I think this was a little mushy. Next time I would bake it longer and add less tomatoes, but the overall flavor was very tasty.