Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Jen's Tropical Shark Steaks

"I bought shark for the first time at the store the other day. I actually didn't know they sold it. I'm very particular about which seafood I like, and it's not my favorite thing to eat. I rarely prepare seafood, but the hubby and I started a diet on Monday, so I know I'll be incorporating more fish into it. I looked up recipes online, but I didn't find any that the mix of ingredients sounded good to me, so I made a sauce up."



INGREDIENTS:

4 shark steaks
1 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup orange juice
1 can diced pineapple (packed in juice), drained
1 garlic clove, minced
2 teaspoons soy sauce (I used low-sodium)

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In large baking dish, soak shark steaks in lemon juice for at least 1/2 hour to reduce strong taste (you can also soak in buttermilk overnight). Discard lemon juice, rinse steaks and return to dish. In blender put orange juice, pineapple, garlic and soy sauce. Blend well. Pour sauce over shark. Bake for 40 minutes.

Serves four

No comments: