Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Country Potato Salad

"I had this recipe in my box for a long time but had never tried it. I wrote it on an index card, so I have no idea where it came from. I made some changes, so I'm adding them in. My favorite type of potato salad has lots of egg and yellow mustard, but with this one I was pleasantly suprised"

INGREDIENTS:

2 1/2 pounds of potatoes, peeled, diced and cooked until fork pokes easily, but still firm
4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1/2 cup green or red pepper, diced
1/2 cup onions, diced (the recipe called for green onions, but I only had vidalia)
6 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled (I used 12 pieces of the pre-cooked boxed bacon)
1/2 teaspoon dried dill
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon celery seed (I omitted because I didn't have it).
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Dressing:

3/4 cup mayo (I use miracle whip)
2 Tablespoons sour cream
1 teaspoon horseradish
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
pinch oregano
pinch chives

DIRECTIONS:

In large serving bowl combine first set of ingredients. Set aside. In small bowl combine dressing ingredients, and toss with potato mixture. Chill for up to 24 hours.

Yield: 10 servings

No comments: