Friday, July 18, 2008

Avocado Feta Salsa

"I found this on allrecipes.com. It sounded really good to me because I LOVE all of the ingredients. It was fabulous! I used red wine vinegar. I included the nutritional info at the bottom, however, I don't think it would feed 12 people."


INGREDIENTS:

2 plum tomatoes, chopped (I just used two small vine-ripened tomatoes)
1 ripe avocado - peeled, pitted and chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley (I used 1/2 t. dried)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (I used 1/2 t. dried)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon red or white wine vinegar
4 ounces crumbled feta cheese


DIRECTIONS:

In a bowl, gently stir together tomatoes, avocados, onion, and garlic. Mix in parsley and oregano. Gently stir in olive oil and vinegar. Then stir in feta. Cover, and chill for 2 to 6 hours.

Notes: You can omit the parsley and oregano and add cilantro for a more authentic salsa taste

Nutritional Information

Servings Per Recipe: 12
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 67
Total Fat: 5.8g
Cholesterol: 8mg
Sodium: 108mg
Total Carbs: 2.6g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Protein: 1.8g

No comments: