Sunday, April 6, 2008

Jen's Candied Pork Roast

"I have been making this for a couple years. I had a pork roast I didn't know what to do with, so I raided my cupboards for sweet ingredients that went together. We loved it so much that I started serving it for special occasions and holidays. I have never made it with any other cut of pork, so I don't know how it'd turn out if you use something other than what's listed."

INGREDIENTS:


4 lb Boston Shoulder Pork Roast

1/4 cup honey

1/4 cup pancake syrup

1/4 cup packed brown sugar

1/4 cup hot water

1/2 teaspoon cloves

1 teaspoon ginger

1 teaspoon dried orange peel (I think McCormick's brand has it bottled in the spice section at the store)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Rinse and place roast in large roasting pan. In bowl, mix together remaining ingredients. Pour over roast. Cover and bake 3 hours, basting every 45 minutes. Meat is wonderful dipped in juice from pan.

1 comment:

jquiltmaker said...

One good looking roast !!