Friday, February 29, 2008

Jen's Mock Stuffed Mushrooms

"If there was an award for the ugliest food shot, this might just win.
If you are looking for something to do with some fresh mushrooms sitting in your fridge, this is really fast and simple. They were leftovers from my stew the other night, and I had six left. I will tell you the amounts I used, but if you want it to serve more than one or two people, you'll need to double or triple it."

INGREDIENTS:

6 regular mushrooms (are they called button?)

2 tablespoons butter

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 cup bread crumbs (seasoned bread crumbs are the best)

1/4 cup shredded cheese (mozzerella, parmesan, romano, etc.) I used romano here.

DIRECTIONS:

In medium frying pan melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms, sprinkle with garlic, and saute until shrinky (you're going to hate the terms I use... ha ha). Add bread crumbs and cheese and stir until bread crumbs soak up juices and cheese melts.

No comments: