Monday, October 22, 2012

Pumpkin Soup

"I originally found this recipe on allrecipes.com.  The original called for fresh pumpkin, but I was lazy, so I used canned.   If you want to try it the hard way, you can find it HERE.  My hubby and I loved this, but the kids were not impressed...I suppose they were expecting it to taste like a pie"



INGREDIENTS:

1 cup chopped onion
2 T. butter

1 lg plus 1 reg can pumpkin
6 cups chicken stock
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 t. ground black pepper
1/4 t. nutmeg
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream

DIRECTIONS:

In large stock pot saute onions in 2 T. butter until soft and clear.  Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes.

*I served mine with a dollop of sour cream and some shredded Parmesan cheese

Serves 8-10

No comments: